Instagram Insights Data Connector User Guide
Our Instagram Insights connector provides a wide range of important data that can make reporting easy. This article will tell you everything that you need to know about how to get the most out of your Instagram Insights reports.
- Key Performance Indicators - Followers, Impressions, Reach, and Clicks
- Post Engagement - breakdowns by day of the week and hour of the day
- Post Reporting - image thumbnails and captions from the original post will show in your report as well as data for Reach, Impressions, Clicks, Likes, Engagement, Saves, and Video Views
- Interactions by type - including Profile Views, Follows, Website Clicks, Email Contacts, Phone Call Clicks, Get Directions Clicks, and Text Message Clicks
- Reach and Impressions over time - daily data beginning 24 hours after the first time you connect
- Stories Insights - image thumbnails and captions from the stories will show in your report as well as data for Reach, Impressions, Tap Back, Tap Forward, and Replies
- Demographics - by country, age, and gender
- Complete List of Fields.
- Instagram has a full list of their API's limitations on their developer guide.
- Reach and engagement data reported through the API are organic only and do not include paid reach and engagement.
- PMA's Reach numbers are a total of the daily sums, which does not exclude repeat visitors. The Instagram Insights API does not send accurate numbers for this field and Meta has indicated this will not be changed.
- Lifetime metrics will gather data in 24 hour periods that end at UTC-7.
- Follower count and demographic data are only available for users with more than 100 followers.
- Instagram’s API will return null data instead of 0 where data does not exist.
- Demographic metrics are only available for the top 45 performers as measured by follower count.
- Demographic metric calculations will only include followers if they have demographic data. Demographic metric sums will therefore be lower than follower sums.
- Audience metrics cannot be reported by since or until.
- There is a 48 hour data delay.
- Custom fields are not available.
- Stories data may not align perfectly with what you see on your Instagram dashboard. Instagram's API only keeps Stories for 24 hours and the data may not align perfectly at the time of retrieval.
The First Time You Connect
To add the correct Instagram account, you must be logged into that account in your browser. Open an Incognito window in your browser to log into the correct Instagram account before connecting with Power My Analytics.
The Instagram API now supports reels. However, it is still in development. Data may fluctuate as Instagram perfects these new changes.
To see reels, add the dimension Media Product Type to your chart with metrics Likes Lifetime, Comments Lifetime, and Total Interactions Lifetime.
Reels API Limitations
- When reporting reels, use Plays in place of Video Views.
- Engagement data is not available for reels.
Many of Instagram's Insight key metrics are lifetime and cannot be backfilled. We will begin gathering data for these metrics from the first time you create a report, so make sure to include today in your reporting range.
These metrics are lifetime:
- Followers by City (key and value)
- Followers by Country (key and value)
- Followers by Gender Age (key and value)
- Followers by Locale (key and value)
Non-lifetime metrics can be backfilled up to 1 year.
Still having issues?
Send us a ticket and we will get back to you.
Instagram Ads Data Connector User Guide
The following article is a guide for automating reports with your Facebook Ads connector. It includes metrics available and instructions for how to connect, use, and backfill your Facebook Ads data. To create a Facebook Ads report, you will need at ...
Facebook Insights Data Connector User Guide
The following article is a guide to automating reports with your Facebook Insights connector. It includes information on available data as well as currently unavailable data and tips on how to get the most out of your Facebook Insights reports. To ...
Instagram Insights Reach and Engagement Numbers Do Not Match
This article will help you troubleshoot reach and engagement data that does not match in your Instagram Insights report. Causes If you are comparing to Meta Business Suite: Instagram's API has limitations on the reach and engagement data that is ...
Mailchimp Data Connector User Guide
The following article is a guide to automating reports with your Mailchimp connector. It includes information on available data as well as currently unavailable data and tips on how to get the most out of your Mailchimp reports. To begin creating ...
Google Analytics Data Connector User Guide
The following article is a guide to automating reports with your Google Analytics connector. It includes information on available data as well as currently unavailable data and tips on how to get the most out of your Google Analytics reports. To ...